In our world of ever-increasing technological capabilities and the stress that they can impart upon our bodies, as well as the stress of every day life, more people are continuing to return to nature for ways of healing. Some wonderful forms of healing from nature form part of what is known as ‘vibrational medicine’.
According to Dr. Richard Gerber, vibrational medicine is “an evolving viewpoint of health and illness that takes into account the many forms and frequencies of vibrating energy (like atoms) that contribute to the multi-dimensional human energy system”.
Vibrational medicine is used to describe a variety of living remedies, and is based on the principle of healing using the living energy within something, such as crystals, plants, sunlight and food. Acupuncture, homeopathy, and sound therapy are also forms of vibrational medicine. Other forms are centred around the use of crystals. Crystals have an extremely high vibration that is condensed in the form of a rock. When placing a crystal on the body, the geometric and highly synchronized vibrations begin to merge with the bio-energetic field of the person and create a healing effect. This healing effect can liberate and transform lower energy patterns like guilt, fear and resentment.
While some dismiss this form of vibrational medicine, it is important to note that crystals are used in computers, radios, watches, fiber-optic technology, lasers and credit cards. The ability for crystals to store and transmit information is incredible.
Vibrational medicine is a type of energy medicine. Energy medicine is based on vitalism, the metaphysical doctrine that living organisms possess a non-physical inner force or energy that gives them the property of life. This metaphysical force goes by many names:
- chi or qi (China)
- prana (India)
- ki (Japan)
What is the difference between conventional medicine and vibrational medicine?
- Based on Newtonian physics
- Views the body as a biomachine
- Sees the brain as a biocomputer with consciousness as a by-product of the brain´s electrical acitivity
- Emotions thought to influence illness through neurohormonal connections between brain and body
- Treatments with drugs and surgery to “fix” abnormal biomechanism in the physical body
- Based on Einsteinian and quantum physics
- Views the body as a dynamic energy system
- Mind and spirit are true sources of consciousness (the actual operator who runs the brain(/biocomputer)
- Emotions and spirit can influence illness via energetic and neurohormonal connections among body, mind and spirit
- Treatment with different forms and frequencies of energy to rebalance body/mind/spirit complex
Here are most well-known forms of vibrational medicine:
- Acupuncture & TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Crystal healing
- Energy system – Chakras
- Flower Essences
- Color and light therapy
- Magnetic therapy
- Sound healing
- Varieties of hands-on healing; bioenergy healing, psychic healing, paranormal healing, spiritual healing, Therapeutic Touch, Reiki, qigong, SHEN therapy, pranic healing, laying-on-of-hands healing, Aura-Soma