Earthing or grounding is putting the body in direct and uninterrupted contact with the earth. This means you need to have direct contact with soil, sand, water, or a conductive surface that is in contact with the earth.
Signs of being ungrounded
You are ungrounded if you:
- Get distracted easily
- Space out
- Over-think or ruminate
- Engage in personal drama
- Experience anxiety and perpetual worrying
- Possessed by desire for material things
- Easily deceived by yourself or others
- Obsessed with your personal image
- Poor sleep
- Chronic pain
- Poor circulation
Healing benefits of earthing/grounding
There are many healing benefits but here to name few of them.
- Decrease inflammation and pain
- Improve circulation
- Improve your sleep
- Improve your mood
- Boost your heart health
- Increase your energy
- Lower stress and promote calmness
- Improve your menstrual and female hormone symptoms
- Protect body from EMF
How to earth/ground yourself
Every day find some time to take off your shoes as most of them are insulators which stop electrons from the earth penetrating into our bodies. Here are few ways to earth/ground yourself:
- Barefoot walking on beach.
- Nature. Listening to water rushing over rocks, staring at the moon, or watching the trees blow in the wind can remind us that there is something greater than ourselves out there. Or just sitting under the tree. Taking shower under the waterfalls though this is not so obvious for everyday. Tapping into that power can create a feeling of acceptance.
- Breathing. Take deep, full breaths all the way down into your belly. Breathe in through your nose and as you exhale through your mouth, make your exhale longer than your inhale. This deep breathing signals the body to relax and helps calm your mind and spirit.
- Visualizing big thick roots growing down from the bottom of the your feet.
- Consuming actively drink pure fresh filtered water or hot non-caffeinated drink.
- EFT or tapping. It’s part acupressure and part mantra. It stimulates your body’s meridians and stabilizes your body’s energy flow, taking the “charge” off of whatever thought is having its way with you. More about Tapping.
- Washing the dishes by hand with running tap water barefoot.
There are also available different kind of grounding things like grounding mat and other electrical ways but I personally suggest natural ways for earthing. If want more information here is a good book to read: Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever.
If you found this post interesting or informative, please, leave a comment below.
Health, Love & Light ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Keywords; earthing, grounding, holistic health, holistic living, health