When it comes to toxins, some of them are produced within our body, while other are produced outside of our body and make their way into our body through ingestion. While we will never completely eliminate these toxins, our job is to do the best we can to reduce our exposure.
Exotoxins: These are the toxins that most of use immediately think about. They are chemicals or hazardous substances that come from outside of our body and make their way in.
This would include the toxins from the air we breathe, the household cleaning agents we are using, personal hygiene products, food and drinks we are consuming, lawn care products, car exhaust and much more. In addition, we are dealing with environmental radiation and electromagnetic stressors from our portable devices and cell towers.
Endotoxins: These are substances that are produced within our body that are potentially hazardous to our system. This would include toxins produced by our gut bacteria, molecules formed by incomplete liver conjugation and ammonia which can rise due to inadequate kidney filtration.
Toxins can and do affect every system and organ of the body. However, there are 5 major areas to look at when it comes to effective detoxification. Each of these areas must be working well in order to properly neutralize and detoxify the hazardous compounds we are exposed too.
- Cellular Detoxification. When the cells are unable to detoxify, they end up accumulating excessive toxins and oxidative stress that damages the mitochondria and DNA.
- Blood Purification. As impurities are able to get into the blood stream they provide a consistent stream of flow into the various cells, tissues and organs including the brain. Additionally, these toxins can damage the red blood cells and reduce the body’s ability to bring oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Liver Detoxification. Liver gets sluggish and overwhelmed and unable to neutralize hazardous chemicals in our blood stream.
- Gut Movement. Bowel motility is an essential component to healthy toxic elimination. Bowel movement at least 1-2 times per day and our food wastes should be getting out of gut system within a 24 hour period.
- Kidney Cleansing. The kidneys are critical to filtering and removing toxins through the urinary system. Additionally, it takes urea out of the body and when it is functioning poorly it can lead to elevated ammonia, which is extremely toxic to the brain. Poorly functioning kidneys are also major contributors to blood pressure problems and cardiovascular disease.
Heavy Metals You Are Exposed
- mercury (amalgam dental fillings, cosmetics, vaccines, air pollution, contact lens solution, seafood)
- lead (paints, water, cosmetics, building materials, toys, some teas)
- aluminum (drinking water, air pollution, cookware, deodorant/cosmetics, vaccines, OTC drugs, some teas)
- cadmium (air pollution, shell fish, liver/kidney meat, cigarettes, hydrogenated oils)
- arsenic (wood, water, air pollution, conventional poultry and eggs, textiles)
- bismuth (cosmetics, medicines)
- titanium dioxide (cosmetics, hygiene products)
- copper, nickel, cobalt, chromium (textiles)
Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity
Here are most common symptoms for heavy metal toxicity.
- chronic fatigue
- autoimmune dis-ease
- neurological disorders
- thyroid disorders
- hormonal imbalance
- brain fog
- poor digestion/bloating/gas
- excess sweating
- gaining weight just around the waist
- aching joints
- mood swings
- skin irritations
Steps of Heavy Metal Detox for Better Health
Here are some tips how to do heavy metal detox, it takes time to cleanse body off toxins. It doesn´t happen overnight.
- Remove all toxins off from your life (like aluminium cookware, plastic cookware, cosmetics, cleaning agents, scented candles, air fresheners etc.).
- Filtered and ionized pure water, at least filtered.
- Green clay to drink with water once a day for month. Take it on empty stomach in the morning or in the evening.
- Juicing mostly vegetable less fruits.
- Hawaiin Spirulina extract powder
- Barley grass extract powder
- Atlantic dulce
- Healthy food diet – plant based food, more fruits and veggies, herbs like nettle leaf, lemon balm, ginger, curcumin, garlic
- Supplements like Glutathione (NAC, Liposomal Glutathione or Acetylated Glutathione), ALA, Milk Thistle, selenium, activated charcoal
- Infared sauna
- Salt bath (Epsom salt). If you don´t have access to bath tube you can do footbath.
What are your experiences from heavy metal detox? Leave a comment below or send me a message.
Health, Love & Light ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Keywords; heavy metal detox, toxins, detox, holistic health, holistic living
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this blog is only for informational purposes and should not be considered to be healthcare advice or medical diagnosis, treatment or prescribing. You should consult with a healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.