Brownie pie is perfect when you want something sweet but with no sugar and dairy free. I am not any baker – I love to cook food. Sometimes you get a feeling that NOW I want some delicacy and more than just a handful of cashews, and you have no special ingredients available. This is the perfect for that moment. Only few ingredients and mix all together in food processor or in blender. As you might have already noticed I keep my recipes always quick and easy, always sugar and dairy free & mostly grain free.
Quick and Easy Vegan Brownie Pie – recipe
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp pear puree or apple puree or avocado or something soft what you have. I make often pear-ginger puree for breakfast bowl so I had this available.
- 1 dl raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp almond flour or coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter. I always have this available.
- few nuts, what ever you have
- mix all together in food processor or in blender
- bake in 200 C about 25 min, depends on the power of your oven, until it´s not watery anymore. Diameter for dish is 15cm
- enjoy with turmeric latte or chaga-reishi latte
What is the difference between cacao and cocoa powder?
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate you can consume, which means it is raw and much less processed than cocoa powder or chocolate bars. Cacao is thought to be the highest source of antioxidants of all foods and the highest source of magnesium of all foods. Cacao powder contains more fiber and calories than cocoa powder since more of the nutrients from the whole bean are still intact. Cacao is an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, cholesterol-free saturated fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber, natural carbohydrates, and protein that make it an excellent source of nutrients.
Cocoa is the term used to refer to the heated form of cacao that you probably grew up buying at the store in the form of cocoa powder. Cocoa powder is produced similarly to cacao except cocoa undergoes a higher temperature of heat during processing. Mostly cocoa powder includes added sugar or other artificial sweeteners.
Health, Love & Light ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.