Everyone suffers in sometime from insomnia more or less. Some people suffers chronic insomnia which is mostly caused by medications or some virus.
According to guidelines from a physician group, insomnia is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, even when a person has the chance to do so. People with insomnia can feel dissatisfied with their sleep and usually experience one or more of the following symptoms: fatigue, low energy, difficulty concentrating, mood disturbances, and decreased performance in work or at school.
Roughly 30 % of the general population complains of sleep disruption, and approximately 10 % have associated symptoms of daytime functional impairment consistent with the diagnosis of insomnia.
Insomnia = habitual sleeplessness; inability to sleep
The Causes of Insomnia and Sleeping Disorders:
- Medications for allergies, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, birth control, asthma, depression
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety or depression
- Eating / drinking habits
- Shift work
- Allergies nasal/sinus and asthma
- RLS – restless leg syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
- Neurological disorders like Parkinson´s disease
- Sleep apnea
- Overactive mind
- Viruses (like HHV virus) which affect to CNS (central nervous system)
Holistic Treatment for Insomnia and Sleeping Disorders:
- Screens off 2 hours before bedtime (like smart phone, tablet, laptop, tv). Blue light affects to your pineal gland keeping you awake. Read an actual book before bed.
- Change your diet. Foods in high tryptophan, in magnesium and in vitamin B especially vitamin B12. Relaxing tea like lavender, valerian root or chamomile tea before bed. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, sugar and high fat foods.
- Quality supplements like magnesium (acetate/citrate), melatonin and valerian root in the evenings
- Essential oils like lavender, chamomille, ylang ylang (with Epsom Salt) to use in bath or in diffuser in the evenings
- Reiki / energy healing is good option if you are not able to heal insomnia by yourself
- Meditation just before bed helps to relax and reduce the stress
- Using eye pillow when start to sleep, this helps for relaxing especially if you have overactive mind
Please comment below or send me a message.
Health, Love & Peace ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Sources: Sleepfoundation.org Image: lifestyle.one