Pineal gland is also known as the third-eye. This small, pinecone-shaped endocrine organ located in the brain secretes and regulates melatonin, the hormone that regulates your circadian rhythms (your sleep-wake cycle).
What causes overactive pineal gland?
- Deficiency of melatonin
- Overproduction of melatonin
- Exposing to excess the light during the night, or not enough light during the day
- Jet lag
- Shift working
- Poor vision
What are symptoms of overactive pineal gland?
- Difficult to concentrate
- Sensitivity to light, blurred vision
How to balance overactive pineal gland?
- Sleep in complete darkness. Go to sleep at the same time in every evening prefer between 10pm and 11pm.
- Aromatherapy e.g. patchouli, peppermint, frankincense or sandalwood.
- Cover your third-eye with hat or something else.
- Crystals. Place an amethyst, hematite or tiger´s eye on your third-eye to sooth the overactive pineal gland.
- Yoga. Do some yoga, strength your sacral and heart chakras.
- Breath exercises.
- Reiki / energy healing.
- Sound therapy.
- Food – alkaline diet.
I suffer time to time from overactive pineal gland, which causes my insomnia and headaches with light sensitivity. I need to use eye mask for sleeping because here is too much light in the evening and night. I have tried several methods to balance the third-eye, sound therapy and energy healing works for me, energy healing balances the body´s energies. My energy healer is priceless! Overactive pineal gland is typical for the people who are deep thinkers with high spirituality.
The third-eye chakra (Ajna) connects us to our internal intuitions and is responsible for the sharp senses, the ability to read the future and receive non-verbal messages. Through the Third Eye we communicate with the world and can even receive messages from the past and from the future. It grants us our sense of observation.
Health, Love & Peace ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Image: Woordward TV